Be sure and check out my shop for a sweet summer sale!

Monday, February 22, 2010

Calling all Sewers!!

I don't know about you, but I still find myself worrying and wondering about what's happening in Haiti.  I still have all of the images in my head that I watched on CNN in the days following the earthquake.  Well, I have been wanting to do something to help out.  I saw some different ideas on some other blogs and wanted to try and do something.  I've decided I want to make skirts for the little girls in Haiti.  Now, girls are my thing. If you would like to join in, you could make a skirt or as many as you'd like I think anything will help

 I've told a few of you, I would not know what to do with a boy if you gave him to me, so there is an opportunity for some of you who are all about boys.  If you would like to, you can make shorts or pants for the boys.

  If you'd like to help out and start sewing, make the style or size that you like.  If you need some ideas, let me know, I can point you to some online tutorials for pattern free skirts. 

I have been in contact with Lila Tueller, who will be helping out with this project as well.
(By the way, she has an amazing giveaway on her blog.  You should check it out!)

I think we can make a difference, if we all come together!

More details to follow, but if you'd like to join in, let me know!  Any questions, feel free to email me.

thefreckledbug@gmail.com

P.S.  If you know of someone who may like to participate, pass it on!  And so on and so on and...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea! I wish I could sew... Best of luck with your cause. Stopping by from SITS :)

Lisa said...

Hi! Stopping by SITS this morning!

This is fantastic idea! I wish I had sewing abilities and could help out. I'll definitely pass this on. good luck!

Anonymous said...

I can't sew, but I would donate to you! Put up a paypal donate button and I will contribute.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, what a GREAT idea! I can't sew worth a lick. :(

~melody~

said...

I can't sew and I envy those who can!